Friday, November 19, 2010

Flawless everyday skin

Quick flawless skin is really easy to do! I know it sounds hard but all you need is the right tools and products. These are my personal favorite products for flawless skin. This combination does not break me out or cause any irritations and it covers everything I need to cover. It takes probably 5 minutes for me to do this routine.

**Remember**Finding a good skincare routine makes having flawless skin easier because you will need less makeup products and you will have less to cover!

First let me tell you about my skin type: I have oily, acne prone skin. I need light coverage to cover all of my problems.

I've found out with my skin that less is more. If I start putting on a ton of products I usually end up making my skin have a strange color or breaking me out.

Here is my routine:

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, NARS Duo concealer, MAC Moisturecover, Bare Minerals Matte foundation.

(Laura Mercier Camouflage Powder Brush, MAC 316 lip brush, MAC 224 brush)

1. Apply Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying spf15 Moisturizer (not shown)


2. Apply MAC Moisture Cover NW35 under eyes and blend downward towards cheeks with MAC 224 brush




3. Buff in a small amount of Bare Minerals Matte Foundation Shade Warm Tan with MAC 182 brush or Hourglass Finishing Brush (whatever is clean at the time, I always keep one clean so I can alternate) into the skin.



4. Set under eye concealer with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in shade 2



5. Cover any blemishes/scaring with NARS Duo Concealer in Praline/Toffee shade using MAC 316 (lip brush).





6. Dust Makeup Forever's High Definition Powder over everything concentrating on t-zone with NARS Powder Brush.


Notes/reviews:


Why I use a lip brush for concealer: This brush is perfect for dotting concealer on blemishes or scars. I prefer small dots to cover instead of wiping concealer on top of problem areas. I know using a lip brush seems weird but this brush is perfect for concealer! It's stiff enough to pat the concealer on and blend it in flawlessly. This brush is like a better version of Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage Concealer Brush, in my opinion.

Secret Brightening powder: This is my secret weapon to looking awake and fresh every day. I apply it with the correlating brush because it pats on the powder lightly. This powder brightens the under eye area without looking unnatural and it keeps under eye concealer set all day.

Bare Minerals Matte: This is my favorite everyday foundation (for special occasions I use NARS Sheer Glow) because it offers a light coverage that is build-able to about a light-medium coverage. I like the matte formulation more because the colors blend better with my skin. I use the swirl buff method (I don't tap though) shown on the infomercials. You have to try this foundation.

MAC Moisture Cover: I love this under eye concealer! It's my favorite because it is really light and sheer. I use a shade lighter to create a celebrity highlight.

NARS Duo Concealer: This is my favorite facial concealer because it is smooth but stays put, I also like how there are two different colors so I can mix. I've tried the Laura Mercier's duo concealer but I don't like the colors, they are too gray and the texture was too thick and dry. NARS' is perfect. Sometimes I pop some of the orange shade under my eyes to counteract any dark circles if I haven't had enough sleep.

Makeup Forever's High Definition Powder: This powder is truly translucent and gives my skin an airbrushed appearance. The NARS Powder brush is very soft and blends everything flawlessly.

xoxo

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Thanks for sharing your tips! I know they work because your skin looks great! What liquid foundation do you use, if you use any? I really like Mac's powdered foundation, is there any difference between MACS and Bare Minerals?

Miller Sisters said...

You're welcome! If I am going somewhere special I use NARS Sheer Glow and I sheer it out even more with their primer. I don't like heavy coverage, and liquid tends to break me out so I don't use it everyday. I'm not sure the difference between the MAC powder foundation and Bare Minerals but I know that MAC's products contain talc and BM's do not. Talc is an irritant so it could break you out. Hope that helps!

TripleS9000 said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and saw that you use both the Hourglass finishing brush No. 7 and the MAC 182, I just wanted to ask you which one do you prefer?

Miller Sisters said...

Hi Triples9000!

I love the Hourglass finishing brush no. 7!