Monday, February 15, 2010

Drugstore Damsel- Milani Cosmetics


Milani Cosmetics can sometimes be overlooked in your drugstore because of big names like Revlon, Covergirl, L'Oréal, etc, but Milani has great blush shade selection comparable to higher end brands like MAC. I can't say that many other drugstore brands can live up to high end cosmetics. The blush shade that we tried is Mai Tai.


Mai Tai is a vibrant pink coral color. It's much brighter than the shade in the picture. It creates a natural peachy glow on the apples of my cheeks. What I love about this blush is that it doesn't contain talc (a cheap filler) because it is part of Milani Minerals. Mai-Tai can be applied lightly for a sheer wash of color for fairer skin tones but it can be built up very easily for more color for deeper skin tones. It comes with a mirror as well as a cute compact with a little travel brush, which is convenient for touch ups. This blush's true color restored my faith in drugstore blushes. Mai Tai reminds me of a pinker version of MAC's Pinch Me blush but for the low price of $5.99.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

A Mac-like blush for 6 bucks? Count me in! I am going to pick one up soon!

Sandy K said...

I just bought this blush, and I love it! It's a great buy C H E A P!!! I think it is a great bang for your buck! I love the color and it goes on so smooth. It's a drug store buy but it is a lot better than my higher end blushes Love it Love it!!

Miller Sisters said...

Yes! it is a pretty color!