Saturday, December 11, 2010

NARS Haul

I purchased a few cute things from NARS recently. After seeing the Victoria Secret Fashion Show I was into bronzy beachy tones with dewy vibrant skin and cheeks. So I bought:


I'm obsessed with NARS primer. It's so thin and soothing on my skin. I've tried the Laura Mercier Primer which is weirdly tacky, when I tried to use it to sheer out my foundation it turned it into a streaky separated mess. I used it under my foundation and it made me look like I was wearing 2 tons of makeup when I wasn't... not cute. On the other hand, the NARS primer is almost like a ultra light moisturizer that makes your skin glow. I put a small amount on my nose and forehead to keep oil at bay and to keep powder on longer.

I only bought two blushes, Gilda and Luster. Gilda is a gorgeous bright pink based coral. It makes my cheeks pop! Luster is a peach apricot with gold shimmer, it's the perfect natural blush that gives me a bronze glow.


Isolde is the perfect beachy bronze and gold toned eyeshadow duo. It's so easy to create that effortlessly bright eyed Victoria Secret look with these colors. I apply the lighter shade to my lower lashline to instantly brighten up my eyes (or in the tear duct area) and the darker shade lightly all over the lid.

Nico caught my eye because it was the strangest looking blush at the counter. I don't know how to explain it without quoting the NARS website ("a soft focus glow"). This is the most amazing highlighter ever, it's not a sparkly highlighter or a dewy highlighter instead it creates a beautiful glow. You have to try it to see what I am talking about, its beautiful.

Chihuahua is the prettiest pink lip gloss. The lip gloss is really creamy, moisturizing and pigmented. If you want a pouty pink Victoria Secret lip give this a shot.






I have been on the search for a signature red nail polish. I think NARS Jungle Red Fits the bill. It's a beautiful bright red (this is it after one coat). Love it!

No comments: