Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Patene Pro-V for me?


Patene Beautiful Lengths is a fairly new line of shampoos and conditioners. Patene suggests that "Beautiful Lengths helps you grow your hair longer with Aquacurrent Science, protecting each strand of hair—directing the movement of moisture and providing strength against damage. Our Aquacurrent Pro-V formula makes your hair 10x stronger against damage".

I recently decided to use a drugstore shampoo and conditioner instead of salon brand. I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for a few weeks and I find that it is good for certain hair types. If your hair is very thick, long, dry and or curly like mine then it is a good product to use. If not, it might weigh down your hair and make it look greasy. I think the protective barrier is what ends up weighing down certain hair types. This is fine if your hair is thick but can be a problem if you have short, thin or straight hair. I don't know how this product would work on chemically treated or died hair. Obviously this product will not make your hair grow but will protect your hair so it doesn't break off as it grows at it's own natural pace.

All in all, my hair feels soft and moisturized it looks shiny almost as much as my salon brand staples. For the drugstore price I think this is a very good deal, you also get a lot in each bottle. The conditioner is really thick so it really coats each hair strand. It also smells really good! I think it's a pretty luxurious conditioner for a drugstore brand. I put it on after I shampoo and leave it in for a bit as I shower then rinse it out. My hair comes out soft and detangled after too. I suggest giving it a try if you have thick, long and dry hair!

-Drugstore Damsel

No comments: