Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Drugstore Damsel..Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

(www.RimmelLondon.com)

When I purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, which is a pressed powder that is supposed to keep your face matte for up to 5 hours, I did not expect anything. I was really surprised to see that the pressed powder controlled my shiny t zone, was gentle on my skin and didn't give a gray ghostly appearance when you apply it with a big powder brush (it can be a bit heavy if you use a puff). The powder comes in an array of shades but they are all pretty translucent, which is good. I think it is a pretty good powder it's almost as good as my Nars powder and it costs so much less. The packaging does stink though. It's in a really cheap plastic container that never actually closes. It also doesn't come with a brush or puff. It doesn't exactly last for a full 5 hours, but it does come pretty close. But it is so cheap and works wonderfully I can't really complain. I would really suggest this powder for oily, combination skin types or if you want to set your liquid foundation. I am going to keep a look out for a powder that is absolutely perfect, but I will give this 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: